If you or someone you know is going to prison, you might be wondering about prison glasses. What are they? How do they work? And where can you get them? In this article, we will answer these questions and more.
What are prison glasses?
Prison glasses are eyeglasses that are specially designed for inmates who need corrective lenses. They are usually made of plastic or metal frames with polycarbonate lenses that are shatter-resistant and scratch-resistant. They also have safety features such as hinges that break away easily and screws that do not protrude from the frame.
Why do inmates need prison glasses?
Inmates need prison glasses for the same reasons as anyone else: to see clearly and comfortably. However, inmates face some unique challenges when it comes to their vision. For example:
- Inmates may not have access to regular eye exams or updated prescriptions.
- Inmates may have limited choices of frames and lenses that meet the prison regulations and safety standards.
- Inmates may experience eye strain, headaches, or double vision due to poor lighting, long hours of reading, or lack of outdoor exposure.
- Inmates may have eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, or macular degeneration that require special care and treatment.
How do prison glasses help inmates?
Prison glasses help inmates by improving their vision quality and comfort. This can have positive effects on their physical health, mental health, and social well-being. For example:
- Prison glasses can help inmates avoid accidents, injuries, or fights caused by poor vision.
- Prison glasses can help inmates participate in educational programs, vocational training, or recreational activities that require good eyesight.
- Prison glasses can help inmates cope with stress, depression, or anxiety by allowing them to read books, magazines, or letters from their loved ones.
- Prison glasses can help inmates protect their eyes from harmful blue light that can cause eye fatigue, dryness, or insomnia.
- Prison glasses can help inmates correct their vision problems such as astigmatism, nearsightedness, farsightedness, or presbyopia.
- Prison glasses can help inmates adjust their eye alignment and eliminate double vision caused by brain injury, stroke, or hemianopia
Where can inmates get prison glasses?
Inmates can get prison glasses from online websites that specialize in prison eyewear. These websites offer a variety of frames and lenses that are suitable for inmates. They also provide fast and secure delivery to prisons across the country.
One of these websites is EyeIsland.com. EyeIsland.com is a professional online prescription eyeglass store that offers high-quality prison glasses at affordable prices. You can choose from different styles, colors, and sizes of frames that fit your face shape and personality. You can also customize your lenses with different options such as anti-reflective coating, blue light blocking coating, or prism correction.
EyeIsland.com makes it easy for you to order prison glasses online. All you need is your prescription information. You can pay with a credit card . You can also track your order status and contact customer service anytime.
EyeIsland.com is the best place to buy prison glasses online. It has thousands of satisfied customers who have improved their vision and quality of life with prison glasses. If you or someone you know needs prison glasses, visit EyeIsland.com today and see the difference for yourself.